I’m Courtney, the face behind Courtney Hathaway Photography. I’m a photographer with a love of people. Photography isn’t just about taking great photos, it’s about building relationships. I absolutely LOVE what I do. Life is about living, and more importantly, all life’s moments should be captured.
So who am I? Here are some things you may not know about me:
- I’m an OBX local, born and raised!
- I’m a newlywed! I married my high school sweetheart, Rob, in September 2012 after 13 years together. CRAZY!
- I may be a beach-lover now, but as a kid I *hated* sand.
- I will monogram anything that isn’t nailed down, and sweet tea is essential to life.
- I’m a huge animal lover, especially dogs. In our house Duchess, our black lab, is queen bee!
- I’m an avid equestrian – riding my horse, Trouble, is my stress reliever.
- I crave adventure and I love to try new things. I may look girly, but I’m tough!
- A friend talked me into joining a beach bootcamp fitness program full of running, dragging logs, & army crawling through the sand. I cried on the second day! The coaches said if there was one person they’d bet money on that wouldn’t come back it was me. Two years later and still going strong…I proved them wrong!
- My newfound fitness somehow turned me into a runner – with 3 half marathons, a sprint triathlon, and Warrior Dash mud run all under my belt!
- My favorite birthday gift EVER was a sky dive jump. It was AMAZING and I can’t wait to do it again!
- I have a huge collection of seashells, all given to me by kids at my family portrait sessions.
- I love weddings….and I LOVE love.